How Much Money Can I Save With a New Boiler?
Replacing your old boiler with a new one is often an expense which comes along just when you don’t need it. We cannot do without a boiler for very long – we rely on it for our heating and our hot water – both essential in the UK climate. So when your boiler is broken it needs to be replaced as soon as possible.
However it is not just broken boilers which should be replaced. There are huge benefits in energy savings which can come from a replacement boiler. Regardless of your reason for getting a new boiler, the savings which can be made may go some way towards making you feel better about the amount of money you will need to spend.
Things to think about when replacing you old boiler
- Your boiler accounts for 60% of your homes’ energy bills and so an efficient one is important.
- Modern boilers are condensing which means they use the energy created more efficiently rather than venting it to the outside of your home.
- You may be able to take advantage of scrappage schemes or government programs to get money off your boiler.
- Always make sure your installer is correctly registered with Gas Safe.
- Expect to spend around £3000 for a new boiler with installation.
- Make sure your thermostat works well and is correctly set to ensure you are making the most of your new boiler.
The savings you could make on a new boiler
Boilers are given a rating depending on how efficient they are. These range from “A” rated to “G” rated. Most modern boilers are now “A” rated and the following estimates of savings are based on this type of condensing boiler and take into account the type of boiler you currently have.
These figures are based on a three bedroom home which currently uses gas central heating without any other sources of energy.
- If you are replacing a “G” rated boiler you can save £300 per year
- If you are replacing an “F” rated boiler you can save £200 per year
- If you are replacing an “E” rated boiler you can save £150 per year
- If you are replacing a “D” rated boiler you can save £105 per year.
You can see that if you are replacing a very old and inefficient boiler you could make your money back within ten years.
To find an approved boiler installer in Devon, simply use our quick online form and up to three installer will contact you to provide a quote.